Friday, September 30, 2016

A Touch of Zen pt.I

I think after watching a couple of King Hu's films I noticed he uses humorous aspects in his movies.  I really enjoy these kinds of aspects added into his films, it helps to make the film easier to watch and keeps me engaged.  In the first part of A Touch of Zen, I really liked the way he portrayed the relationship between Sheng-tsai and his mother.  It was very humorous and you could really relate to the characters.  As I was watching the beginning, I thought that the spider webs that Sheng-tsai encounters while searching the outside of the house was foreshadowed his the scene when he stumbled across the trap.  Spider's use their webs to ensnare their prey, so I thought that when Sheng-tsai came across the trap within the house it kind of showed how he was almost ensnared by the setup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment