Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Touch of Zen pt.II

I enjoyed watching part II of A Touch of Zen, the whole plot to deceive the army that the house was haunted was comical.  Based off of the previous content of the beginning when Sheng-tsai believed the house was haunted, I thought it helped advance the plot with a comical touch.  Another thing that I noticed, but I'm not sure if it was intentional, was when the army encountered the "ghosts" they experienced the "three monkeys of their divine pantheon" or also known as "see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil".  The army first heard the chime of the bells as the wind began to blow.  Next, the army saw multiple flames.  And then next they began speaking to each other about all the bad deeds they've committed so their souls are tainted.  I'm not entirely sure if this was intentional, or if it had any sort of connection to the three monkeys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment